Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at the VA Relief Sale? Well, it takes over 1,000 volunteers to put together the event each year! Many of these volunteers have been giving their time for decades and have formed new and lasting friendships from their experience.
Every year, we need help to set up and tear down the different areas.
- Set-up help Thursday and Friday (Sept. 29-30)
- Tear-down/clean up help Saturday (Oct. 1) beginning late morning
Longer-term commitment opportunities:
- Friday night dinner coordinator: This person’s responsibility is to call churches to ensure food and volunteers will be provided, buy drink mixes, and be at the dinner area for set up to organize and provide direction throughout the dinner.
- Food committee member: This person will work with a committee of 4-5 people to contact reps for each food department, order supplies from various vendors, provide lunch/dinner for volunteers setting up, and deliver supplies Friday and Saturday of the sale.
- Baked goods leader: This person’s responsibility will be to organize the baked goods area at the sale Friday and Saturday. This would include organizing a group of volunteers to receive the baked good, price them, and then sell them.
- Kiddie Corner leader: This person would help organize a group that would be at the sale Friday and Saturday. Joyce Showalter (current leader) is still interested in collecting the toys, but would like someone to organize the set up, pricing, and selling of the toys.
Contact us if you’re available to help with a need above, or if there’s another way you’d like to get involved!