Approximately 1,000 volunteers work together to make the Relief Sale run smoothly each year. There's a job for everyone and we'd love to have you involved!
Current volunteer needs:
- BBQ chicken - Someone to provide and cook BBQ chicken this year. We also need helpers for wrapping and selling.
- Facilities assistant - Someone to help with setting up, taking down, and organizing facilities. This person would assist Dave Mininger.
- Equipment operator - Someone who can operate a forklift and/or Skytrak to help during setup and take down.
- Children's activities - Looking for people to lead and help with children's activities at the sale. If you have an idea, let us know! Even a few hours of activities would be helpful.
- Food committee helper - A runner is needed to distribute items from a storage truck to the food stands via golf cart, especially on Friday.
- Food committee leader (for 2024) - Someone to order and organize paper products, and help deliver them to vendors during the sale.
- Trash collection - This group circulates the fairgrounds periodically to empty trash cans and put trash in the fairground's truck. Help is especially needed at end of day on Saturday to collect all trash.
- Auction bid catchers - Looking for a few people to spot bids during the auctions.
- Children's auction organizer - Someone to organize a children's auction.
- Have a new idea? Let us know! Most things that happen at the Relief Sale started when someone took the initiative to say, “I would like to do ___.” If you are feeling led, please consider organizing something.
Additional help needed:
- Set up on Thursday and Friday (Oct. 5 and 6) starting around 8 am. Lunch will be provided for volunteers.
- Tear down/clean up on Saturday (Oct. 7) beginning late morning.
Apple Butter Boiling
Come out and help us make that delicious apple butter on Saturday, September 16, 2023! The boil is a full day event from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM so come help when you can! For more information contact Pete McCarthy at 540-470-0373.
Address: 571 Hall School Rd, Waynesboro, VA 22983
Want to volunteer? Let Dave Rush know by contacting us if you're available to help with a need above, or if there's another way you'd like to get involved.