Approximately 1,000 volunteers work together to make the Relief Sale run smoothly each year.
There’s a job for everyone and we’d love to have you involved!
Here are some current volunteer needs:
- Children’s activities coordinator – This person coordinates with various established people to provide some children’s activities during the sale. They publicize events and help make it a fun time for children.
- Auction Committee Co-Chair – Works with people already in place to organize the auction. Ask us for a detailed position description!
- Produce – Sell apple cider (gallon and hot) and apples. 3 people needed Friday evening and 5 people at a time on Saturday.
- Computer Display – Run the display that is in front of the auction. This includes displaying the price of the previous item sold as well as business sponsorships.
- Help make the apple butter that is sold at the sale! The apple butter will be boiled on September 15th. Contact Pete McCarthy for more information at 540.470.0373.
Additional help needed:
- Set-up help Thursday and Friday (Oct. 4-5)
- Tear-down/clean up help Saturday (Oct. 6) beginning late morning
Contact us if you’re available to help with a need above, or if there’s another way you’d like to get involved!