Approximately 1,000 volunteers work together to make the Relief Sale run smoothly each year. There’s a job for everyone and we’d love to have you involved!
Apple Butter Boiling
Come out and help us make that delicious apple butter on Saturday, September 17th, 2022! The boil is a full day event from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM so come help when you can! For more information contact Pete McCarthy at 540-470-0373.
Old Augusta Mennonite School (Friendship Park)
Off of Route 340 between Waynesboro and Stuarts Draft.
View map (.PDF) | View on Google maps
Address: 571 Hall School Rd, Waynesboro, VA 22983
Other current volunteer needs:
- Bouncy house coordinator – Organize volunteers to supervise the children’s bouncy house. Do NOT need to transport, set up, or take it down.
- Country Corner organizer – This person would arrange and price items to sell in the Country Corner, and organize the volunteers. We already have a list of volunteers, but need a leader. A previous organizer is available prior to the sale to provide guidance on pricing items if needed. There are no responsibilities prior to the Relief Sale.
- Trash collection – This group would circulate the fairgrounds periodically to empty trash cans and put trash in the fairground’s trash truck. Help is especially needed at the end of the day on Saturday.
- Auction bid catchers – Looking for a few people to spot bids during the auctions.
- Brunswick stew – Help is needed on Saturday to stir kettles and serve the stew. Contact Sandra Rush if interested.
- Publicity assistant – Looking for an organized person to help the publicity committee with contacting media outlets. Does not require any graphic design skills.
- Children’s activities coordinator – This person coordinates with various established people to provide some children’s activities during the sale. They publicize events and help make it a fun time for children.
- Funnel cake organizer – It has been a few years since we had funnel cakes at the Relief Sale. They sell well and we have a location to make them. Looking for someone to organize this, either for 2022 or future sales.
- Catfish (for 2023) – Helpers to assist the person who is organizing the fish fry for the 2023 Relief Sale.
Additional help needed:
- Set up on Thursday and Friday (Sept. 29 and 30) starting around 8 am. Lunch will be provided for volunteers.
- Tear down/clean up on Saturday (Oct. 1) beginning late morning
Want to volunteer? Let Dave Rush know by contacting us if you’re available to help with a need above, or if there’s another way you’d like to get involved!