2023 Preliminary Results
Thank you to everyone who made the 57th annual Virginia Mennonite Relief Sale a success! I believe this is the highest preliminary total we’ve ever had! It was a beautiful day and many people came to the Fairgrounds to donate to support the efforts of MCC. I especially want to thank the many volunteers who make this event happen. Without them, this event would not happen. We all work together to raise money for MCC in the name of Christ. Through this weekend’s event, we have raised money to reach those Jesus calls us to serve.
If you would still like to donate, you can send a check, payable to VA Mennonite Relief Sale, to 601 Parkwood Dr, Harrisonburg VA 22802 or donate online.
Most things that happen at the Relief Sale started when someone took the initiative to say, “I would like to do___.” If you are feeling led, please consider organizing something for the relief sale next year.
Mark your calendars! The Walking Roots Band will have a benefit Christmas concert to raise money for MCC on December 10.
|Day After Total Income||$389,474||$324,000||$355,000||$381,033|
|Year End Total Income||TBD||$430,311||$484,300||$406,098|
|My Coins Count||$25,087||$23,254||$16,052||$24,804|
|Friday Night Supper||$16,764||$12,388||$11,753||$13,498|
The 5 highest items:
- $5,600 – This Shed Solutions storage shed is an A Series, 10′ x 16′ building with board & batten siding, tri windows, metal roof with both single and double doors. It is white with black trim. Donated by Shed Solutions.
- $4,700 – Tennessee Waltz king-size quilt in burgundy, cream, and green cotton. Pieced, hand quilted, and signed by Gladys and Brownie Driver in 2008. 104″L x 104″H. Bought at a previous relief sale, but never used. Donated by Susan Shank.
- $4,400 – Irish Chain Star quilt in olive, green, yellow, and cream cotton and polyester. 110″L x 97″W Pieced and hand quilted. Quilted by Powhatan Mennonite Church. Donated by Ruth V. Showalter.
- 3,800 – The feed sack squares are hand pieced and placed between white squares which show the hand quilting on the white blocks. 102″L x 80″W Feed sack blocks donated by Phyllis Ward, pieced by Barbara Cline and hand quilted by Dayton Mennonite Sewing Circle. Donated by Dayton Mennonite Church Sewing Circle.
- $3,000 – Alaska queen-size quilt, pieced and hand quilted in shades of blue, cream, and pale gold cotton. 98.5″L x 91.5″W Pieced by Evie McPhee, hand quilted by Evie King. Donated by Lindale Mennonite Church Women.
-Dave Rush, VMRS Board Chair
My Coins Count
5K Race for Relief
Thanks to everyone who came out and ran for relief!
Share this post!
Help support the Virginia Mennonite Relief Sale and MCC by making a secure online donation.
Join the hundreds of volunteers that make each sale a success.